Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana
Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana is one of the most important branch of Ayurveda. It basically deals with the preparation of Ayurvedic medicines using Metallic / Mercurial, Nonmetallic & herbomineral drugs.
Out of which, Rasasastra subject covers the entire field of inorganic pharmaceutical preparations like metallics, non-metallic compound of Ayurvedic materia medica. These Rasausadhis are appreciated for their smaller dosages, quicker effectiveness, long durability etc. Thus the Rasausadhi preparations plays an important and major role in curing the alling human beings.
Bhaishajya Kalpana comprises two words Bhesaja and Kalpana. Bhesaja means drug and Kalpana means formulations.This branch contributes to aid the physician to utilise this Bhesaja in various forms and styles to cure the diseases. Bhaishajya Kalpana mainly covers the entire field of Herbal & organic pharmaceutical preparations like Swarasa, Kashaya, Churna, Guti-Vati, Asava-Arishta, Avaleha, Ghrutam-Tailam etc. Sometime to compete with need of all time availability, easy dispensing, palatability etc and for such enumarable reasons a lots and lots of Kalpanas are developed. But the base of all these were embibed in five basic Kalpana only.
The Department is fully equipped with various Instruments-Equipments, Specimens, Models, Charts & various Teaching Aids. All essential practical are carried out in the Laboratory as per syllabus. There is also an in-house Teaching Pharmacy. There is a separate Quality Testing Laboratory for Quality Control & Standardization of Ayurvedic Medicines.
- To prepare various Ayurvedic formulations so as to impart practical knowledge to the students.
- To encourage and guide the P. G. students to prepare various novel Rasakalpas as per their Research Topic.
- To focus on Analytical study for the Standardization of Rasakalpas & Bhaishajya Formulations.
- To arrange visits to various G.M.P. approved Pharmacies, R & D centers, Pharmacy colleges & Teaching institutes.
- To build a strong foundation for future Ayurvedic Pharmacists & Rasavaidyas.
- Well equipped Teaching Laboratory containing various instruments & equipments, charts, models, geologically identified specimens and customized machineries.
- Well maintained departmental library containing Books, Dissertations & Journals.
- Teaching Pharmacy – Various Ayurvedic medicines are prepared at pharmacy.
- Quality Testing Laboratory – It is provided with various Modern Analytical
- Instruments and Equipments for Quality Control of Various Formulations in respect of Safety & Efficacy of them.